Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Loot

*Again I'm not showing all that Virginia got for Christmas to "show off" just so Chris and family can see all of her Christmas.
This was one of the presents from Santa.  We have a teacher/parent store here and one day Chris, Virginia, and I went to browse.  Well they had one of these out on a table for the kids to play with and Virginia would NOT leave the table.  We were probably in the store for over an hour and she played with this little sandbox the entire time!  So at the point I knew this would go on Santa's list.  It's hard for the "garage sale" girl in me to get something "new" but I knew she would love this.  So I patiently waited until the parent/teacher store had their big before Christmas sale and Santa got it.  They have all different "themes."  One set is little dogs another is a volcano and dinosaurs and one that is earth movers and a few others.  It comes with the mat you see (just plain old plastic).  Virginia did a pretty good job of keeping the sand at least on the table/mat/sandbox.  But I knew that would happen and I was okay with it.  Ideally this would be something I set up on her little table in the kitchen since we have carpet all over the house.  And it's not a toy that I keep out all the time.  So she's not tempted to load up something with the sand and carry around the house. 

The whole stash.  The weebles set I got at a garage sale for $5.  The big rig truck full of cars I got at a garage sale for $1 and the cars I collected during the garage sale season. The garage behind the big rig I got also for $1 and the doll house I got for $5 and it's pottery barn and in immaculate condition.  The fairies are new and the cars set is new.  And she has loved all of it.  She's downstairs right now playing with her cars and the garage. 
Update on napping and big girl bed.  I have pictures to post of Virginia's new room.  Right after Christmas i decided that since she's not sleeping or napping in her crib anymore then it was time to take it down.  It almost broke my heart to hear her cry and whine that that was her bed but that lasted only a short time before she found something else to cry and whine about.  We are doing quiet time/rest time now instead of naps.  And it is going okay.  She stays in her room and like this picture shows, sometimes she falls asleep but most of the time she plays.  I'm working right now on putting together "activities" for her to do during rest/quiet time.  In other words things she doesn't always play with because they are out of sight (puzzles that are put away, blocks, ect) I'm going to bring out and put on little rugs in her room as a "new" quit/rest time activity.  And I usually put on a word world, veggie tales, or little einstein video while she's in there too.  Her bed was FULL in this picture and I have since cleared it off so she has room to actually sleep.  And I didn't tuck her in like this this is how I found her.  so cute.  Next week starts our full schedule of moms morning out, ministry team for mops, mops, and wed. night bible study so we'll see how the whole no nap plan goes. 

1 comment:

  1. Some fun stuff...and GREAT deals! Looks like Virginia had a nice Christmas:)...I like that little sandbox. Rachel would like that...might have to take a look for one soon. We are expecting our Do-A-Dots tomorrow as I ordered some on Amazon.com after your one post. You always share such great ideas. Thank you & Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete