Friday, October 15, 2010

Thank you for being patient with me and waiting for my return.  I know it's not been easy for my followers and have been wondering what we've been up to.  Because of operational security I'm not allowed to discuss any specific details involving Chris and this current trip.  He is still here with us.  They are at the whim of the Air Force in regards to leaving.  A date will be given, tears will be shed, AND they'll delay the flight.  We'll live in domestic bliss for a few more days, departure will inch closer, tears will be shed, AND they'll delay the flight.  I'm not complaining because I'll take every extra second I get with Chris but it can wreck havoc on ones nerves. 
On top of the uncertainty of a departure date Virginia has been sick.  For almost 2 weeks now.  She had a cold, cough, hoarse sounding voice for about a week with a weak fever of around 99 for a bit.  She ditched that and then THREW UP 3 times.  I know I know you laugh.  Most of you moms reading this have dealt with throw up since the day your children were born, but not us.  And trust me I am on my knees EVERY NIGHT thanking God for blessing us with a vomit free child.  Virginia never spit up as a baby.  NEVER.  And this most recent vomiting episode is only her 2nd time ever actually throwing up.  So Chris and I were at a real loss as to how to handle it!  She threw up in her bed, then we managed to get the trash can to her the 2nd time, and the 3rd time was on the floor of her bedroom.  After throwing up she moved to diarrhea.  Pure liquid poop.  As of today she's down to 1 poop but it's still straight liquid.  She's acting normal and playing normal but it's put a kink in us trying to squeeze 8 months of memory making into the last few days.  We've been doing alot of snuggling in Mommy's bed watching a Halloween video OVER AND OVER AND OVER again. 
I'll let you know when he's safely arrived at his destination. 
So these pictures are from when Chris was in Hawaii "working."  Let me point out some important details.  yes Virginia has her pajamas on in the middle of the day.  Yes I put a bow in her hair while in her pajamas just for the picture.  I thought it might dress up the pj's.  The project she is doing I saw online.  You take a brand new pencil (you can get packs of 20 at the dollar store) and you use the eraser end to put paint dots onto a picture.  She was supposed to use it to color in the rainbow but that didn't exactly happen.  You are also supposed to switch out pencils with each new color but she wasn't having any of that so she used the same pencil for each color.  Then she didn't really want to follow the rainbow design.  Then she didn't want to have her picture taken.  It was a fun project that she could work on while I worked in the kitchen. 
I can't promise that I'm going to be super consistent in posting just yet. 




1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun project. Sorry Virginia has been sick. Hope she is feeling better. Glad to see a post.

    ReplyDelete